Skip to main content

Four wheels for Preity Zinta





Hi readers …. In this space you all can have my piece of bakwas on Automobiles… To start with I would like to put my introduction… don’t worry I  am no IITian in Automobile techie… working with Ferrari or Porsche or F1…. I am just a car enthuse, who has enough spare time to go from one showroom to another and some fire in my belly towards driving long distances


I would like to post some thing I have experienced today as my launch post. I checked lot of Web blogs to find out what other’s experience on the car I am gonna tell you about, but I have not found a single review on this car. Ok this in not a thriller novel for suspense. Lets me break it before the reader loose patience





Its Hyundai i10 Automatic. 

Last month I best buddy bought a Hyundai i10 manual in Bangalore. Few of us had gone there on his invitation to have “my” review on his car.

He came to pick up us at the railway station, As soon as we went near the car he threw the car keys at me.. As I am the official Driver of the Gang. (As per our gang Bylaw ). I had a couple of days driving and I was extremely happy with the performance, Handling, Breaking and the power of that car. Only then I thought of an automatic variant would be a relief in these cities of traffic.

Today I had an opportunity to take a drive on the i10 SPORTZ KAPPA Automatic. When I heard about that the car is an automatic variant, I was bit curious and when I heard the price of the car I was floored..
IMG00021IMG00022IMG00024
I had  a nice inspection on the exterior to find only a small place at the back saying AUTO. In the interior there is no much difference except one obvious difference was the gear shift stick. Instead of a 360 movable there was stick with a button on the side which can be moved only vertically. With some alphabets on the side.. I got in and had just turned the key to stat and I went to shift the gear stick from P (PARK) to D(DRIVE),  my buddy pulled the hand brake.. (a note: this car was parked very closely behind  another car). I was curious, then he told to peddle the break first then you move the Gear stick or else the car starts to roll on its own with some pre acceleration costumed in the car,if you had not braked  the car it would have banged the other car..

IMG00029 I moved the gear stick to R there was a jerk: ok all automatic cars have some jerk, this was a smooth one.  Then when I slowly released the break peddle like a clutch peddle the car started to move backward with out any acceleration from me. Soon after reversing, having a nice press on the break I shifted the stick to D there was, as I said a jerk. And after releasing of the breaks the car started to roll forward. So the car moved on with a smooth motion as if gliding!! Then upon acceleration the cars response was above my expectations, not as great as you open the throttle in your first gear on a manual Transmission, but effective enough. 

IMG00028 The driving was not very smooth I can say, you can feel the gears shift as you accelerate. The breaking is good and responsive and re acceleration is average.
And the other aspects of the car are already known to the market. As there is no other much of a change from the other i10s.

There are other two very attractive facts why the car will be hit with the people who are traveling through city traffic and are really tired of stamping the clutch every now and then. 

Fact No 1: The mileage per litter of petrol is unbelievable  11-12 Kmpl in city with AC on. Where as the Manual variant is nearly the same at 12-14Kmpl.
Fact No 2: The Automatic variant starts at 5.40Lakhs on road Chennai.
The only other  Automatic,  is Honda City with is some where at 8.9Lakhs and same where at 8-10Kmpl

The Verdict:
It’s a great Automatic Executive car to drive around. You have the automatic luxury available on cars above 9 lakhs in a miniature version.

Overall Experience of Automatic is very satisfactory in a small affordable car like I10. It’s the best possible option for ladies who would like to upgrade themselves from an Activa or a Scooty pep to a Scooty with 4 tires and a steering and a big glove compartment to keep the make up gadgets and mirrors every where.

Hey ladies out there here you have a good option of burning your pockets!! Hurry up.

More update in days to come

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Honda recalls Jazz and City Cars

Automobile Giant Honda recalls 646,000 Fit/Jazz & City cars worldwide because of its window switch defect which could lead to fire.Yesterday it was Toyota and today its Honda. Whats the problem ? Under some severe operating conditions, water or any other liquid may enter the driver's window and reach the master power window switch resulting in impaired function of the switch. If the master power switch is damaged then it may lead to fire and and threat to life. There were three reported cases of fire due to the defect two in America and one in South Africa. Jazz in India wont be hit Honda spokesperson in India said it wont affect Jazz in India because the hatchback sold in India are next generation model and the defects pertains only to the previous generation models which was not sold to India.

Helping an Employee Who’s Struggling with Postpartum Depression

Going back to work is tough for any new parent, but the transition is especially difficult for those suffering from postpartum depression. (Remember, postpartum depression affects both women and men.) If you manage someone who has recently had a baby, pay close attention to how they’re doing — a parent’s struggle doesn’t always show on the outside. Some people may overcompensate by working too hard, while others may show a loss of enthusiasm. Familiarize yourself with the services your firm offers — which may include groups for working parents, health care coverage for counseling, or post-natal yoga or meditation classes — so that you can help your employee access support. Offer options such as flex time, telecommuting, gradual return, or peer mentoring. In fact, it’s a good idea to offer these things to all team members so that the new parent doesn’t feel singled out. Find ways to make supporting employees and their mental health part of your culture. Adapted from " What Managers...

Encourage Employees to Learn by Sharing Your Own Growth

As a manager, it’s your job to make sure everyone on your team keeps learning. But beyond encouraging people to take classes and go to conferences, how do you do it? A good starting point is to talk about your own development. When managers open up about their personal areas for improvement, it becomes more acceptable for everyone else to do the same. Ask yourself these questions, and share the answers with your team: “What areas do I need to grow the most in? What insights have I found helpful in accomplishing these goals?” And when you come back from a workshop or training, don’t resort to the typical “It was interesting” summary — be specific. For example, you might say, “I thought I was a good listener, but now I can see that this is a growth area for me. The training showed me new ways to interact with others, and although they aren’t necessarily comfortable for me, I’m going to try them out.” Adapted from " Make Sure Everyone on Your Team Sees Learning as Part of Their Job ,...